Catching up on a couple of sessions I did in the past. This article gives an overview of some of my activities.
Mainly at the annual German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference also known as SQL-Server & ASP.NET Conference in Frankfurt. The below listed entries are excerpts from the original Conference Coverage documents you'll find on UniversalThread.
- German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference 2002 (1 session - Vendor session about Active FoxPro Pages 3.0)
- German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference 2003 (2.5 sessions - Visual FoxPro running on Linux)
- German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference 2004 (4 sessions - 2x Active FoxPro Pages, VFP on Linux, and VFP using additional databases)
- German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference 2005 (4 sessions - RegEx, XML, XSLT, and using free (as in beer) development tools)
- German Visual FoxPro Developer Conference 2006 (3 sessions - .NET interop via COM, writing own CLR host in VFP, and Active FoxPro Pages)
Furthermore, I did a couple of (hopefully) interesting sessions at various user group meetings in Speyer and Stuttgart. A more comprehensive list is available under Presentations (in German language).
And last but not least, back in May 2005 Microsoft Germany invited me to host a WebCast for MSDN on how to use 'Visual FoxPro mit Visual Studio 2005'. Unfortunately, I was too unexperienced and too nervous (first time ever), we experienced technical issues with the microphone, and the obviously low quality of recording demanded to replace it by a whole series on Visual FoxPro 9.0. The webcast covered the same topics I already described in other articles here on my blog. Despite the desaster I'd like to thank Ralf Westphal for his kind words afterwards - I really felt bad.
Eventually, you might ask yourself why it stopped by the end of 2006... Well, new chapter in my life: Mauritius!